If you are having sex and don’t want a child, don’t assume your partner is using birth control. Plan to use a reliable method, correctly, every time: a latex or plastic condom.
How to use a condom:
1. Use a new condom for every act of vaginal, anal and oral sex throughout the entire sex act (from start to finish).
2. Before any genital contact, put the condom on the tip of the erect penis with the rolled side out.
3. If the condom does not have a reservoir tip, pinch the tip enough to leave a half-inch space for semen to collect. Holding the tip, unroll the condom all the way to the base of the erect penis.
4. After ejaculation and before the penis gets soft, grip the rim of the condom and carefully withdraw. Then gently pull the condom off the penis, making sure that semen doesn't spill out.
5. Wrap the condom in a tissue and throw it in the trash where others won't handle it.
6. If you feel the condom break at any point during sexual activity, stop immediately, withdraw, remove the broken condom, and put on a new condom.
7. Ensure that adequate lubrication is used during vaginal and anal sex, which might require water-based lubricants. Oil-based lubricants (e.g., petroleum jelly, shortening, mineral oil, massage oils, body lotions, and cooking oil) should not be used because they can weaken latex, causing breakage.
Hastings Family Planning is a non-profit agency that provides reproductive healthcare as well as educational and counseling services to over 2,500 people in south central Nebraska every year.
We serve eight counties: Adams, Clay, Franklin, Harlan, Kearney, Phelps, Nuckolls and Webster.
MONDAY, TUESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
See Exam Hours Here.
Confidentiality is strictly maintained. Our services are offered to anyone of any age, race, sexual orientation or marital status. No one will be given information about your visit without your permission.